Hank Richardson, Ellis-ville Fire Chief, said the total cost of the new vehicle was around $147,000, with 90 percent coming from the FEMA grant. The fire department paid the remaining 10 percent, plus additional costs and equipment.
The truck arrived July 17, Richardson said.
“This new truck will enable us to serve our community better,” said Richardson. “I just want everybody to know that an improvement in our equipment is here. We have improved our ability to serve our community. The truck was about $147,000 with the equipment.”
This is the first time Ellisville has had a new fire truck in 30 years Richardson said. This latest addition joins a fleet of four pumpers and a brush truck.
“It hasn’t been used yet,” said Richardson. “When we get the hose on, we will be able to put it in service. It carries, 1,200 feet of hose and meets all ISO specs. Hopefully, soon we will be able to get the insurance ratings down. It has a1,000-gallon tank, 1250-gallon per minute pumping capacity. This will be our primary truck. It is equipped with a hose reel, deck gun, we can run two inch and a half lines or two two and a half inch lines. It gives you an elevated view of the scene so you can see what is going on. The truck was bought through Sunbelt Fire.”
Currently, Ellisville Fire Department has 15 active members, Richardson said.
Richardson predicted it wouldn’t be long before the new truck is put into service. Firefighters have been doing preliminary training on the new vehicle.
“We just want to let the community know we have improved our ability to give service,” said Richardson. “We are planning a grand opening or truck dedication in a few weeks. The truck is brand new. They will be doing a little training this evening. And the next call we get it will be on the road!